7-Day Big Sky Winter Getaway
Escape to big sky, big snow and big adventure in Big Sky, Montana.
- FLY INTO BOZEMAN
- Big Sky is located just one hour south of Bozeman Yellowstone International Airport, the busiest airport in Montana with 17 nonstop flights to major cities across the U.S.
- ENJOY A SCENIC WINTER DRIVE
- Rent a car at the airport and make your way to Big Sky. The drive through the Gallatin Canyon is a scenic one-keep your eyes peeled for wildlife.
- CHECK IN AND SETTLE IN
- Check into a mountain lodge or ski condo in Big Sky's Mountain Village-the resort's social hub. Local eateries and hangout hot spots abound, plus you're basically right on the slopes. Ranging from bar + grille, fine dining and lounge fare to legendary hot dogs, Mountain Village has an eatery to satisfy any palate. Wander the village and you'll have no trouble finding excellent food and drinks. If you're looking for off-the-mountain lodging, check out Buck's T-4 Lodge, The Wilson Hotel or Lone Mountain Ranch.
- FUEL UP FOR A DAY ON THE SLOPES
- From a hearty breakfast burrito to smoothies and berry bowls, whatever you need pre-slopes, Big Sky can accommodate. You can even stop by the Big Sky and Greater Yellowstone Visitor Center to answer any questions you may have about the area, and they'll tell you where to find a hearty breakfast.
- SKI/SNOWBOARD AT BIG SKY RESORT
- Catch first chair on Ramcharger 8, North America's first 8-person chairlift, and get ready for The Biggest Skiing in America. Lunch on the mountain-your options are endless and a chairlift will get you there. After lunch, climb to the highest point in Big Sky to get the deepest powder in Big Sky: Take the Lone Peak Tram to 11,166 feet then crush it in Liberty Bowl.
- TOP OFF THE DAY WITH DINNER + DRINKS
- Tavern and lodge fare, sought-after Italian food, or pub fare on a cozy leather couch by a roaring fire…it's all here in Big Sky. Then, immerse yourself in that Mountain Village nightlife where you'll find live music, local hangouts and warm fireplaces.
- SAVOR A SIT-DOWN BREAKFAST
- Horn & Cantle, next to Lone Mountain Ranch, offers a gourmet breakfast you'll be dreaming about all day long.
- NORDIC SKI AT LONE MOUNTAIN RANCH
- Lone Mountain Ranch offers 85 km of well-maintained woodland trails that will put you right into some of Montana's most beautiful backcountry. The folks at the ranch will get you outfitted for the adventure.
- DINNER AT HORN & CANTLE
- Breakfast was so good, head back to Horn & Cantle and see what the executive chef can pull off for dinner-you'll be glad you did. Back at the Mountain Village, find yourself a nightcap at one of several Big Sky cocktail hot spots.
- GRAB BREAKFAST ON THE GO
- There is no shortage of places in the village to grab a delicious breakfast sandwich; ask any local and they'll point you in the right direction. Then take a scenic drive to West Yellowstone, about an hour from Big Sky.
- SNOWCOACH TOUR IN YELLOWSTONE NATIONAL PARK
- Hop on a snowcoach tour from West Yellowstone and experience the jaw-dropping beauty of Yellowstone National Park in the winter, including the eruption of Old Faithful and the park's abundant wildlife.
- END THE DAY WITH BIG SKY BREWS
- Arrive back to Big Sky for mouthwatering food and local Montana beer at Lone Peak Brewery-home of the best burgers in Big Sky.
- Make your way to The Corral. This steakhouse knows how to set you up for a day in the snow-steak and eggs, buffalo sausage, house-made cinnamon rolls…you get the point.
- SNOWMOBILE THE GALLATIN NATIONAL FOREST
- Multiple outfitters in the area are at the ready to take you on a full-throttle guided sledding excursion through the pristine Gallatin National Forest. You'll cover plenty of terrain and take in some breathtaking mountain views-all with help from the experts.
- DINNER + DRINKS
- After crushing some serious powder, it's time to crush some serious pizza. Get to Ousel & Spur Pizza Co. for just that.
- Head to the Hungry Moose in Town Center for breakfast burritos, bagel sandwiches, fresh baked goods and some of the best espresso in Big Sky.
- SNOWSHOE BIG SKY
- Rent a pair of snowshoes and experience some of the locals' favorite trails. Choose from the Uplands or Hummocks trails located in the Town Center. This classic way to spend the day in the snow never gets old around here.
- DINNER IN A YURT
- End your last full day in Big Sky savoring an unforgettable dining experience with Montana Dinner Yurt. You'll be delivered by snowcat to a cozy, candlelit dinner yurt where you'll enjoy exceptional food by a crackling fire with live acoustic guitar music to boot!
Blue Moon Bakery will hook you up with a quick and delicious breakfast-including irresistible baked good-before you head back to Bozeman for your departure flight. Hope to see you back in the summer!