5-Day Winter Escape in Red Lodge
Escape to a place of towering mountains, fresh powder and historic charm with our 5-day itinerary in Red Lodge.
- FLY INTO BOZEMAN OR BILLINGS
- Red Lodge is conveniently located near the northeast side of Yellowstone National Park, between the Bozeman International Airport and Billings Logan International Airport.
- ENJOY A SCENIC WINTER DRIVE
- Rent a car or hop on a shuttle to Red Lodge. Whether you're coming from Bozeman or Billings, be sure to keep your eyes peeled for wildlife along the scenic highways of Yellowstone Country.
- CHECK IN AND SETTLE IN
- Find your home away from home for the next five days at one of the town's unique lodges, like the historic Pollard Hotel in downtown Red Lodge. In 1893 the hotel was the town's first brick building, and today it offers the same western charm complemented by modern amenities. Red Lodge Mountain and the Pollard offer special packages for guests looking to hit the slopes.
- FUEL UP FOR A DAY ON THE SLOPES
- A day of skiing/snowboarding requires a hearty breakfast, so fuel up with the Pollard Hotel's full-service breakfast and special Pollard Blend coffee.
- SKI/SNOWBOARD AT RED LODGE MOUNTAIN
- Experience a big mountain adventure without big mountain crowds at Red Lodge Mountain, nestled within the Beartooth Range less than 20 minutes from downtown Red Lodge.
- BREAK AT THE BIERSTUBE
- Warm your hands and your belly with hearty pub food and local beer on tap. The Bierstube sits at the base area of the mountain and offers live music every Saturday.
- TOP OFF THE DAY WITH DINNER + DRINKS AT RED LODGE ALES BREWING COMPANY
- After you've finished your last run of the day and made your way back to town, reward a day of riding with local eats and craft brews from Red Lodge Ales Brewing Company. There's something extra special about sipping their Beartooth Pale Ale with an up-close-and-personal view of the Beartooth Mountains.
- SAVOR A SIT-DOWN BREAKFAST
- On ski/snowboard days we head out early, but today we take it slow. Enjoy unique breakfast dishes and take your time on that first cup of coffee at The Wild Table.
- VISIT THE YELLOWSTONE WILDLIFE SANCTUARY
- Yellowstone Country is teeming with wildlife, some of which can be seen at the Yellowstone Wildlife Sanctuary where non-releasable animals are provided a lifelong home.
- DINNER AT PREROGATIVE KITCHEN
- Choose from creative and delicious dishes on Prerogative Kitchen's rotating menu while relaxing in a fun and casual atmosphere.
- CATCH A SHOW AT THE ROMAN THEATER
- GRAB BREAKFAST ON THE GO
- Gear up for a day of snowshoeing at Honey's Café with made-to-order breakfast dishes and a full espresso bar.
- SNOWSHOE IN YELLOWSTONE NATIONAL PARK
- Rent a pair of snowshoes, bundle up and head for one of many trails open to winter wanderers in Yellowstone National Park. Local spots like Sylvan Peak Mountain Shop are there to help with snowshoe rentals and advice on the best trails.
- SPICE IT UP WITH DINNER AT PICCOLA CUCINA AT OX PASTURE
- After a day of trekking through the snow, sit down for some authentic Sicilian cuisine made with locally sourced ingredients at Piccola Cucina.
- BREAKFAST AND CHECK OUT
- Enjoy Pollard Hotel's full breakfast one last time before checking out, or try something new like the latest breakfast special at family-owned and operated Café Regis.
- EXPLORE RED LODGE NORDIC CENTER
- Rent skis at the Sylvan Peak Mountain Shoppe or The Base Camp and venture out into Red Lodge Nordic Center's 15 kilometers of groomed Nordic ski trails.
- STOP IN CARBON COUNTY HISTORICAL SOCIETY AND MUSEUM
- There's a whole lot of history packed into Carbon County, and much of it is showcased at the Carbon County Museum downtown.
- BROWSE BOUTIQUES AND ANTIQUES
- Your winter escape may be coming to an end, but there's always time for souvenirs. Browse the many shops downtown for antiques, Montana-made goods and more to bring home.
- ENJOY ONE LAST MEAL IN RED LODGE AT NATALIE'S FRONT BAR
- Time for one last meal before taking off? Head for Natali's-a casual 1930's bar serving beer, wine, cocktails and comfort food.